As I was trying to figure out what I wanted to post today, I decided to try the sketch from Clean & Simple. Now that I have it done, I’m not so sure it looks so clean & simple though. Maybe it’s because of how busy the paper is. I did lower the opacity of the background paper some to blend in the the Concord Crush behind it just so the butterfly and tag would stand out a little more.
After seeing the sample for the sketch, I loved the butterfly that she did. And I found out something really great. The Butterfly Shape 2 fits almost perfectly with the butterfly from Cottage Garden. So I used the punch to do the paper fill behind the wings and the outline around it.
- My Digital Studio (118108)
- Cheerful Treat Digital Content CD (Hostess Set)
- Cottage Garden Stamp Brush (124559)
- Beautiful Butterfly Shapes (124412)
- Basic Pearls & Rhinestones (124330)
- Sunny Day Stamp Brush (included)
Leave a comment and let me know if you like the background with the opacity lowered or not. Does it bring out the other elements of the card? Can’t wait to hear what you think about it.